Friday, September 23, 2005

Ian Brown says Bono is ‘such a fake’


There’s an interesting read in the Guardian today with former Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown. The best bit is where he says: "Through those years, he says, he was always sure the Roses would make it. Why? "Because I knew we loved music and I knew what time of day it was, and I knew Bono was faking. He's such a fake, isn't he? When he did Live Aid which made them a worldwide group and he looked out and seen that black girl in the middle of all them people, and she's from Hackney or something, and he was like, 'Here's a great shot for me around the world to show I'm Mr Africa'. It's like colonialist times with a big white hat."

1 Comments:

At Mon Sept 26, 12:03:00 a.m., Blogger c said...

ian brown is so cool, cause he's done loads for africa himself, now hasn't he?
anyway, just taking the piss i guess.
peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home